Saturday, April 20, 2013

Guam is a land filled with raptors posing as geese and cruel goats.

I went to a birthday party with a family and they have a ranch.  The ranch consisted of a bamboo forest, a river, and the most terrifying looking geese I have ever seen in my life.  I am positive that they are raptors in disguise.  I was fed a lot of food and it was delicious but by the time I finished eating everything that people were giving me, ALL of the chocolate cake was gone.

I was told it was for the best since I have celiac's disease and eating gluten makes me want to crawl into a hole and die.  I managed to salvage some frosting pudding from the cover of the container that held what I can only assume was a delicious and moist homemade chocolate cake that would have made me want to cut in front of the small children that were currently enjoying the cake.  Also, I think the children there just thought I was weird.

On almost every occasion in which I am introduced to someone, I find out they have family in Minnesota, North Dakota or recognize my last name because of a certain Catholic private college in Wisconsin.  Of all the places in the world, Guam apparently has a large population of islanders that enjoy moving to the Midwest.  I am not sure why, but one can only assume it is NOT because they want to escape the ocean.  But on an ocean note, only about 30% of islanders know how to swim here.  It is very strange, but I think it might be due to the fact that you can walk out all the way to the reef without every having to actually swim...This includes me, even though I am short and can drown in a kiddie pool.  Lucky for me, I am an excellent swimmer and probably more graceful in water than on land.

In a sad and very tragic turn of events, a Korean tourist was killed by a shark attack and his body washed up onto the shore and was found by local fisherman.  Shark attacks in Guam are virtually unheard of and it was very sad as he was considered missing before his body was found.

I am currently working on a way to stay in Guam for a few months longer.. I am just not ready to come back home yet and I actually rather like it here.  I have adjusted to the heat, something I never thought would be possible and I have made two very excellent friends that I know I will miss very much when I have to leave...

I am currently working on getting funding so that I can travel to China and Hong Kong during June/July and I would return home sometime before fall semester.  It is almost certain that I will come back for spring semester of 2014, granted that Baby Levi is in excellent health.  Baby Levi will turn 11 years old in August and we will be celebrating 8 years together.  I know that if he were here, I wouldn't go home, I would want to stay here forever, but he isn't here.  A few friends have asked me if I will come back for good.  Maybe someday, but that day will not be until after Baby Levi has passed and I am ready to move on.  I have only ever dedicated myself to two things in this world: school and Levi and I will not take an opportunity unless Levi is there with me.









They are just waiting to destroy humanity.









GOATS! SO MANY GOATS!!!

I felt so much joy as I saw all the goats wandering freely about with adorable bells around their necks. SO. MUCH. JOY.

And it was DESTROYED.  All of my dreams of petting and loving a Guam goat was crushed by the cruel nature that is a Guam goat.  I can't even talk about it.



On the plus side:  PUPPIES!



No comments:

Post a Comment